February has been a busy month for us with full schedules and the Bowl-a-thon last Saturday. Our thanks to Advisory Member, Jennifer Ziolkowski for her hard work in organizing this fundraiser for us. Jennifer estimates that the event netted us over $19,000 which will go a long way for food and hygiene purchases.
- Maumee Meijer Simply Give Campaign – runs through March 30. Double Match days are March 2 and 23. Please spread the word and encourage donations.
- New Walk-in Policy – Due to an increase in walk-ins, Advisory members voted to establish a new walk-in policy at our February meeting. Walk-ins will be asked to wait until the end of the shift to be served, so that clients with appointments are served first.
- New Outdoor Sign and Laptop – A new sign has been purchased to help new families locate our pantry more easily. The tent-style sign should be placed between the curb and sidewalk at the Dudley parking lot entrance before the pantry opens and returned to the pantry upon closing for the day. The new laptop, paid for with a Perrysburg Rotary grant, will be used by volunteers to check clients in using the Pantry Trak software.
- New volunteers – Please welcome Mary Moats, our newest volunteer, who will be training this month. We are in need of another caller for Mondays or subbing, if you know of anyone who is computer literate and enjoys working with clients over the phone. Call me at (419)265-8200 or email me at: email@example.com
- Donations – Thanks to the members of the Maumee Exchange Club for their food drive donation and Perrysburg Rotary for their grant for the laptop purchase. If you know of a business, school or organization who might be interested in doing a food drive for us, please give them my contact information. Our goal for 2024 is to have at least one food/hygiene item food drive per month. We have several open months available.